Here is a simple step to yahoo password recovery. Have you forgotten your yahoomail password? Then this post will guide you on yahoo mail best password recovery step. This will help you recover you password in the shortest interval.
A lot of people find it really difficult to sign in to their yahoo mail account. Mostly this is because they have forgotten their passwords and as such yahoo mail will require that you verify your account before you can gain access to you mails.
This is the major reason for this post, to help you verify your yahoo mail when you have forgotten or misplaced your password.
Yahoo Password Recovery – Simple Steps to Recover Yahoo Mail Password
Here am going to be discussing two major ways you can get back your yahoo password as quick as possible. The process are simple, trust me you will not need any special skill to get this done.
Before we go into this fully, You have to note that there are some cases where you may not be able to retrieve your account. such cases includes
- A dormant or obsolete account which must have been deleted by yahoo
- Accounts that have been inactive for 12 months
Thus, if your account fall in any of the categories above, you may not be able to retrieve your account. This might mean you will have to create a new yahoo mail account.
Now on how to recover yahoo mail password, The two methods to be discussed on this post are;
- Using security question and
- Alternate Recovery email account or Phone number.
Recover Yahoo Password Through Security Question
This method works perfectly for people that can remember their username but forget their password. Although most people barely remember the security question and answer they selected during registration. But this method is still a sure way to get your password back. Here is how to go about recovering your yahoo password.
- Visit yahoomail.com
- Enter your correct yahoo mail username and click next. In the next page that come up,
- Click on i Forgot password
- Select security question
- Enter the answer to your security question
- Then it will automatically tell you to put a new password if you enter the answer to the security question correctly.
- Then enter the new password and click OK.
The above is a good way to get your yahoomail account back. But the second method is the best way to go about yahoo password recovery.
Yahoo password Recovery using Recovery Email Address or Phone Number
This method works best if you have forgotten both your username and password. So in which ever case either you forgot your username or password. Follow these steps as outlined below to recover them.
- First of all, visit yahoomail.com with your desktop browser
- Click on the Trouble signing in? link just below the sign in field.
- Now enter your recovery email address or phone number. (this is the alternate email or phone number you used during yahoo account registration). then click continue.
- A list of emails connected to this email or phone number will be displayed,
- Now select the particular email your want to retrieve and click continue
- You will be asked if you have access to the phone or email, Click Yes, send me code.
- A code will be sent immediately to this phone number or email address
- Enter the code in the field provided and click Next
- Once code is correctly entered you will see a success message (see image above). Don’t click continue
- Click on Create a New password so that you can set up your password
- Enter a new password, re-enter password as shown below then continues. Remember to note down this new password and also your username. So you don’t go through this process again.
- Congratulation your account is now ready for use.
Finally, yahoo password recovery is just the most reliable way to get back to your mails when you forget your username or password. if the above steps are followed perfectly, then you can change your password to a more familiar one.
I hope you find this post on how to do yahoo password recovery useful. Feel free to share with friends using the social links below.