Whereby is a video conferencing tool designed for businesses and professionals who want to reach out to their business partners or employees anywhere.
Whereby Signup Tips
The whereby features are similar to other video conferencing app like zoom, Camfrog etc. However, whereby users can have up to 50 persons in a chat room, unlike many other chat rooms. whereby don’t necessarily need one to have a whereby account to use its platform except when hosting a meeting room.
Whereby features come in different pricing plans. The business, professional and free pricing plans. Each plan is categorized based on what the chat room(s) will be used for.
Whereby has its app which is available for both iOS and Android users though you can still use the web version on browsers
Features of whereby Video App
Here is a quick summary of the features of whereby.
- Guests don’t need to sign up or download the app before joining a meeting room
- share screens with anyone in the meeting room
- Links to a room are simple and easy to remember
- have a video meeting with up to 50 persons
- customize the background to advertise your brands
- join from a phone through a browser, on through the app (iOS)
- record, download a meeting you missed. You can also share a meeting
- supports live reaction with messages and floating emojis
Whereby Pricing Plan
- free: this plan is designed for personal use only with only one user and 1 meeting room. Participants can be up to 4 and youtube integration is allowed.
- Pro: This plan was designed for professionals and it costs $9.99/month. Meeting rooms are three but for one user only.
Up to 12 meeting participants are allowed in this plan and the user is allowed to record, download or share meetings.
- Business: This plan costs $59.99/month. It was designed for business with small and medium teams. Multiple users are allowed on this plan and meeting participant can be up to 50.
You can visit whereby.com for more info about each pricing plan.
Whereby Signup and How to Create a Meeting Room
Though you may not need a whereby account to join a meeting room created by others, you will need one to host meetings. Here is how to sign up on whereby
- Visit the signup page at whereby.com/user/signup
- Enter your name and email address or click on “sign up with Google” if you have a google account. A password will be sent to your mail
- Enter the password in the next page
- Select the pricing plan you will like to create the account with.
- On the welcome page enter the name of the room you want to create and click “create my room”
Joining a Whereby Meeting
One unique feature about whereby is the fact that you don’t need to sign up or download the mobile app to join a meeting room. With just a browser you can join a meeting room. Follow these steps to join a meeting room:
- Open a browser preferably chrome or firefox
- Paste the room link sent to you by the host on the address bar hit “Enter”
- Enter your name and click “continue”
- If you are joining for the first time, You will be asked to grant whereby access to your device microphone and camera.
- You will now see your self on your device screen. You can choose to disable your microphone and camera. Whenever you are ready click on “knock” or “join room” to enter the meeting.
Whereby App Download
Below are links to download Whereby App for both Android and iphone
For more details on Whereby signup and app download, visit the whereby help or support center using this link.