USAA Rewards American Express Credit Card is one of the credit cards offered by USAA bank. Just like most of USAA credit cards, they are serviced by American express. The card is well designed for those who want rewards on their monthly expenses on gas and groceries.
USAA Rewards Express Credit Card Sign Up Tips
There are a lot of benefits this card offers especially to members of the military. The card offers one of the best benefits and protection to military persons especially those who are on active duty and have the plan to travel overseas.
However, this card does not have much to offer to non-military card holders as it does not have an impressive reward program that can match up with its competitors.
Benefits and Reward of USAA Rewards American Express Credit Card
Here are the benefits and rewards you stand to enjoy when you sign up for this card.
- The card has no annual fees and foreign transaction fees
- There is reduced APR for active military persons who are members of USAA
- You will earn 3x reward points on money spent on dining
- Earn 2x reward points on money spent on gas and groceries
- You will earn 1x reward points on every other purchase you make
- On your first purchase, you will earn 2500 bonus point
- You have several ways you can redeem rewards. Either as cash, gift cards and many more
- You will enjoy an extended warranty of one when you purchase items with 24 months or less.
- The card has price protection for holders
There are several other benefits you stand to enjoy with this credit card. However, most of the cards come with you being a member of USAA.
The requirement for USAA Rewards American Express Credit Card
- You must be a member of the US military or be a family member to an active or retired military persons
- You must be a member of USAA
- Valid social security number is required
- Have a valid email address and a verifiable US home address
- Have a valid mobile phone number
USAA Rewards American Express Credit card fee and charges
Cardholders will be charged
- 0$ annual fee
- 15% to 28.15% applies for variable APR
- 0$ penalty APR
- 0% minimum interest charge
- 3% balance transfer fee
- 3% on cash advance which could be waved when funds are transferred to USAA deposit account electronically
- 0$ on foreign transaction
- Late payment penalty of up to $35
- Return payment penalty of up to $35
- No over the credit limit
How to apply for USAA Rewards American Express Credit Card
- Log on USAA credit card page at https://www.usaa.com/.
- Under the reward point section, Click on the green “get started” button below USAA Rewards American Express Credit Card thumbnail. You will be asked to log in
- Log in into USAA page if you have login details. If you don’t have an online id and you are a member of USAA click on the “set up online access” hypertext next to “don’t have an online ID or password”. But if you are not yet a member, click on the “join online” button to join USAA.
Your application will be approved if you are qualified, and the card will be delivered to you once USAA establishes the APRs, fees and amount of your credit line.
How to contact USAA help service and customer care
- To contact USAA, click on the contact us link below every USAA website page
- You can also call them at 210-531-USAA (8722) or 800-531-USAA