Next is to Messenger Kids Download and sign up requirements have been explained on this post. Follow the guide here start enjoying facebook messenger for kids.
Messenger Kids Download and Sign up Tips
Messenger kids is a social media app developed by Facebook as an alternative to Facebook messenger. The app was aimed at the young ones who could not use Facebook messenger due to the age restriction on the app. The app enables kids to chat and play games with their school friends.
Parents don’t need to worry much as new features in messenger kids allows them to monitor and control their children activities on the app. The app allows parents to connect their Facebook account with their kids account on messenger kid which allows them to supervise activities like their friendings and their chats.
Messenger kids app is available across all devices in selected countries. The app can be downloaded in the google play store, amazon AppStore and Apple AppStore.
Features and Benefits of Messenger kids
- Kids can connect easily with their close friends who are far away
- Kids can chat with their adult family members who use Facebook messenger
- Parents will use their account to set up and manage their children messenger kids account
- Friends are supervised by parents
- No in-app purchases or adverts
- Kids account will not be visible on Facebook search results
- Apps have educational contents.
How to download Messenger Kids
You can get this app direct from your device application store. follow the links below to download.
- open the AppStore (iOS), amazon AppStore (fire tablets) or google play store (android)
- search for messenger kid.
- download and install the app
Note: if your country is not among the countries where the app has been launched you will not be able to install the app.
Messenger kids Sign up
The process is very simple and direct once you have downloaded the app to your device.
- Open the app on your device
- Tap on next, then tap on confirm
- Enter your Facebook account login details, then tap on “Authorize Device”
- Tap on “Create Account”, then follow the instruction shown to you
Once this is done, you have successfully created a messenger kid account for your child. The rest of the account settings will be done by the child.
Signing up on Desktop
- Visit the Facebook website
- Log in with your Facebook login details.
- Click on messenger kid hyperlink (you will find it in the column in the left-hand side o the screen. Next you click on see more if you can’t find it)
- Click on the “create another account” link
- Enter your child’s full name in the next page and select continue
- Click on “create account” link
- Click on “Done” to complete the account creation
How a parent can manage their kid’s account
as a parent, you can easily monitor and supervise your kids account through the parent dashboard.
To get this dashboard,
- tap on the three horizontal lines
- Tap on messenger kids
- then tap the child’s photo
the parent dashboard is divide into three sections:
- the activity section is where you can view all your child’s recent activities,
- the contact section is where you can manage your child’s friendings
- the control section is where you can access your control as a parent, you can also add additional parents or guardians.
There are other features o this parent dashboard. In summary, this dashboard can help manage everything about your kid on messengers kid including setting when the child can use the app.
For more details on Messenger Kids download you can visit the help page on the Facebook website.