Here is a quick guide on how to make payments online with a credit card.
Be it paying for a goods on a eCommerce website or paying your utility bill to your service provider. The steps outlined here will solve all your online payment problems.
Firstly, the existence of credit cards and internet has made payment very simple for many people. These days you can sit at the comfort of your home and make payment or process any transaction with your credit card.
Once you have a good credit score you can make as many transaction at home without contacting your client or your store.
As convenient as using credit cards to make payment may be, it does require you have a major-branded credit, debit or gift card in most cases. Although there are some cards specifically made for some online marketplace or store. In this article we will be discussing on how you can make payment easily with your credit cards.
Making Payment on eCommerce Websites
Before you make payment on any item you want to buy online or on any eCommerce website here are the things to do:
- First of all, ensure to add all the items you want to buy in your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout by clicking on the checkout button (you may need to click on the cart button first before clicking on the checkout button).
- Review your items to be sure you added the correct items you want to purchase. Once you are done you can begin to make purchases.
Note, the process is the same for making utility bill payments on your service provider’s website. Here all you need to do is to select the services you want to pay for and then proceed to the next step.
How to Make Payments Online with your card
Once you have added the items you want to buy, you can now proceed to the following steps. This of course is dependent on your service provided or the website.
- Enter your shipping address: with this the merchant can add the shipping cost to the cost of the items.
- Select a credit card: Now select the type of credit you want to use for the payment eg. Visa, MasterCard, American express or a store credit card. If your credit card is not on the list, that means the credit card is not accepted by the merchant.
- Enter the details in your card: once you are done selecting your card, enter the detail on you card as required by the merchant. The details include:
- the credit card number,
- expiration date,
- your name as written on the card,
- the card billing address and
- at times email address.
- Finally, You may be asked to enter a security code (a three or four digit code printed at the back or on the front right of your card). This of course is dependent on the card issuer and your region.
Note: you may not be asked to enter a security code if you are using a store credit card that is not co-branded with any major credit card company.
At times you may be asked to confirm the payment by entering an OTP (one-time password) code sent to your mobile phone number.
Solving Payment Issues
If you are having issues or you can’t successfully make payments online, here are some things to check.
- Check your credit card details you entered and ensure they are correct
- Use another credit card if you still can’t process your transaction
- Try using PayPal to make the payment. You will only be required to enter your PayPal username and password. This may need you to create a PayPal account and register your credit card on it.
Finally, the process to make payments online various with the platform you are paying from. Therefore the above might not fully work for you. In such case you can see the help link of your merchant website.