This post will provide you with all you need to know about Linkedin Signup and how to create a compelling profile on Linkedin.
Linkedin Signup Tips
Linkedin is a social media site that connects people of all sort of professions. Linkedin is probably the largest social network where you can find professionals.
Linkedin can be used or so many things such as finding jobs or internship, marketing a business, and learning career skills. It is believed that everyone aged 20 and above should have a LinkedIn account because it provides connections to different professions and companies.
Linkedin was launched in 2002. Today it is one of the best places for job seekers to meet employers of different companies. The site has over 60 million users with over 65 million registered professionals in 150 countries.
Features of LinkedIn
Linkedin has so many features that made it stand out among social networking sites. Here are some of the features.
- Receive updates: the home section of LinkedIn gives you updates on posts from topics and companies you are following. It is similar to Facebook’s newsfeed.
- Create a network of people: just like Facebook friend list, you can create a network of people. All those you are connected with will appear in the “My Network” section. You will also get suggestions on the page.
- Find jobs: LinkedIn has a Job section where you will get job recommendations based on the information you have in your profile.
- Instant messaging: you can send messages to your friends and other professionals on LinkedIn. Message can be sent and received on the messaging section. You will get notifications on your email address each time you receive any message.
- Receive notification: when you get mentions, referenced, or added as a friend, you will receive notifications at the Notification section.
- Hide identity: you can hide your identity when you are viewing other users profile and appear as anonymous when they check the “who’s viewed my profile”.
- Add files to profile: you can upload media files like photos, videos links or presentations to your profile.
- Hide and export connection: you can restrict people from seeing who you are connected with. You can also export the list of your connection in .CSV or .VCF format.
There are any more features no listed here, you can visit the site to know more on the features.
Linkedin Pricing and Plans
Linkedin is free to use just like most social networking site however, it has a premium profile upgrade with extra features and benefits.
There are four premium accounts in LinkedIn. The premium career account costs $29.99 / month or $239.88 annually, the premium business account costs $59.99 /month or $575.88 annually, the premium sales account costs $79.99 per month or $779.88 annually while the premium hiring lite costs $119.99 per month or $1199.40 annually.
Linkedin Signup Steps
- Visit linkedin.com/ signup
- Enter your email address or phone number and a chosen password the click “agree and join”. Alternatively, click “continue with Facebook” to log in with Facebook.
- Enter your name and click “continue”
- Enter the verification code sent to your phone, if you use a phone number. Complete a captcha game if you use an email address
- Enter your country and city then click “next”
- Enter your job details and click “continue”
- Enter the code sent to your email address and click “submit”
Linkedin App Download
The Linkedin app is available on iOS, android and window 10 PC. Here Is how you can download it
The application can be downloaded by anyone who has an iTunes account. To download the app:
- Tap Search in the iTunes App Store.
- Type “LinkedIn”.
- Tap the Get icon and tap Install.
- Type in your iTunes password.
The app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
- Open the Play Store on your Android phone.
- Tap the Search icon.
- Type “LinkedIn”.
- Tap the LinkedIn icon.
- Tap Install and Accept to install the app.
- Open windows AppStore
- Search for linked in
- Click “get the app”.
Below are the direct download links for Linkedin for mobiles
Linkedin Apk Download for Android Devices
Linkedin iOS Download for Apple Devices