Green Dot prepaid card is offered by green dot corporation an American financial technology and bank holding company.
The card is being issued to United States citizens and they come in two forms (either as MasterCard or Visa card). It serve as a reliable alternative to secure cards, credit cards and bank account especially for those who want to avoid the credit checking of account or have difficulty in opening a bank account.
Green Dot Prepaid Card Sign Up Tips
Green Dot prepaid card liked other prepaid card works like a banking card. You can only spend money loaded into the card, and since they are branded with MasterCard and visa which are major card processing company in the world, they can be accepted anywhere credit cards are used.
Most importantly, unlike a credit card, you don’t need to have a particular credit score to get this card.
There are many more to green dot prepaid card, but for the sake of this article, we will put you through how you can apply for green dot card and its benefits and feature.
Benefits of Green Dot Prepaid Card
There are several benefits of obtaining a green dot prepaid card. Here are some of them:
- No overdraft fees
- You can deposit checks through a Smartphone
- The card allows you to send money instantly to your family and friends anywhere in the US
- You don’t need to check credit before getting approval
- There are no transaction fees attached
- Make a purchase online and in-store anywhere visa or master cards are accepted in the US
- You can manage your finance easily with green dot mobile app
- You get to enjoy a waiver on every $1000 you load within a monthly period
Green Dot prepaid card fees
- Card purchase fee: the fee for purchasing the card is $1.95 which may reduce depending on where you purchased the card. This fee will not be deducted from your account or recorded in your account histories
- Monthly fee: green dot charges a monthly fee of $7.95 dollars for using their prepaid card which could be waved when you load up to $1000 for the month
- ATM withdrawal and balance enquiry: green dot charges $3 when you withdraw at any ATM; you may even be charged by the ATM operator even if you had an incomplete transaction and at any time enquire for balance, a green dot will charge you $0.50
- Cash reload fees: when you reload your prepaid card, you will be charged $5.95 dollars for doing so. This fees may be changed at times and they will not be deducted from your account or reflect in your transaction histories
- Teller cash withdrawal fees: you will be charged $3 for withdrawing with a teller at any participating bank
- International transaction fees: when you use green dot prepaid card outside the US, you will be charged 3% of the US dollar amount per transaction
- Other charges: you will be charged $5.95 when you request for paper checks; $5 charge applies for card replacement at regular delivery and $15 for card replacement at expedited delivery. You will also be charged $4.95 for VIP upgrade
How to get a Green Dot Prepaid Card
Application for green dot card is not done online; you can only get them at stores where green dot products are sold
For more info, you can contact green dot bank by calling the number at the back of your card or (866) 795-7597.