Follow the steps here for Facetime signup and app download.
Facetime is a video and audio calling app specifically designed by Apple for iOS and Mac users. The app allows video and audio call in between apple devices only, android and users with other types of OS will have to seek alternatives like Hangout or Viber.
Facetime Signup Tips
The app is preinstalled in iOS devices, so users will not have to worry about downloading the app before they can use it. The app is available in over 30 languages in the world
Just like google hangout, Facetime allows face-to-face interaction through video call that is done over wifi or cellular network. So you can facetime with anyone from anywhere once there is wifi or cellular network. Though you may need to have a data plan on your cellular network before you can Facetime without wifi
Features of Facetime
- Make video and audio calls for free
- Group video calls
- Make calls over over the wifi or cellular data network
- Sim card is not needed to login to your account
- Chats are encrypted
- No need to download as it is preinstalled (you will need to download the update when necessary)
- Available only on iOS only
- You can go invisible
- Notifications can be switched off
How to use Facetime
As facetime is already pre-installed on Apple devices. You don’t need to download them again. All you have to do is to set it up before you can use it.
iPhone users don’t need to do much when setting up facetime as their phone numbers are already registered on the facetime app. However, iPod, iPad and Mac users will need to enable facetime before they can use it. Here ae step on how you can sign up on Facetime.
- open the facetime app on your phone
- Enter your apple id and password
- Select the phone number and email address you want to associate your account with and grant apple permission to verify your account
- For iPhone users, go to main settings, then select “facetime option”
- Swipe the slider to the right of facetime.
- View the listed phone number and add any email address you want to associate your account with before you allow apple to verify your details.
Making calls on Facetime
There are different ways you can make video or audio calls depending on the apple device you are using.you may need to add contacts on facetime or through your phone’s contact app.
To make calls,
- Tap on the “+” icon
- select the contact you want to make the call with
- tap on the facetime option you ill like to use,
- Click/tap on the video icon for a video call or audio icon for audio calls.
For more details on FaceTime signup and app download, visit the Facetime official website at support.apple.com