AARP Credit Card is a card offered by AARP in conjunction with chase bank. The card is a wonderful card used when making payment at a gas station or restaurants.
Though AARP stands for American Association of Retired Persons, application for AARP credit card from chase does not require you being a member or a retired person.
AARP Credit Card Signup Tips
Firstly, understand that AARP card cannot be combined with other card offered by Chase Bank and does not come with all the premium features of chase cards even though chase issues the card. Similar to most credit cards it comes with a lot of cash back and reward and it has no annual fee attached.
Benefits of AARP Credit Card from Chase Bank
There are a lot of rewards and benefit attached to this card when you use it in making payments in a gas station, restaurants or elsewhere. Here are details on them
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR for the first 12 months of account opening
- Earn 3% cash back for every purchase at a restaurant
- 3% cash back for every purchase at a gas station
- Earn 1% cash back on every other purchase
- Earn $100 bonus cash back when you make $500 purchase within the first three months of account opening
- Redeem cash back in many ways. Either by direct deposit, checks, savings accounts, a statement credit, gift card or travel
- rewards don’t get expired except you close account
- The card has extended the warranty
- You will enjoy price protection and return when you are buying from an online store
- The card has EMV chips
Other things to know about AARP Credit Card
- There is a 3% charge on every foreign transaction
- A portion of the amount you spend at restaurants will be donated to AARP® Foundation which will be used to support Drive to End Hunger- a foundation that supports low-income adults.
Requirement for Application
To apply for this card,
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicants must be a US citizen or have a valid street US street address
- You must have a US mobile phone number and a valid email address
- You must also have a valid social security number
How to apply for AARP Credit Card
- Visit AARP credit card application page at https://www.aarpcreditcard.com
- Click on the “apply now” button. You will be redirected to chase credit card application form page
- Fill and submit the form. You can choose to leave the AARP membership number vacant if you don’t have one.
- Once you submit, your application should be approved in a short time and the card will be delivered in a matter of days
How to Contact AARP Customer Care
For more, contact AARP customer care service at these numbers
- 1-888-OUR-AARP (within the US)
- +1-202-434-3525 for international calls
Visit https://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/contact-us/ to learn more about how you can contact them.